Thursday, June 10, 2010

Testing the Online Map

So I've been thinking about how to display the planetary empires map online, so that players not in my basement could look at the map.  That way they could setup battles, plot future battles, and figure out their structure bonuses for battle without seeing the real map.

This is what I came up with so far...

The map is clickable to bring out the details.  I will remove the light blue hexes for the actual map so only actual land mass is shown.

This map will be posted at the end of every turn, with a detailed account of the battles that took place and tiles that changed ownership.

I'll also make a link in one of the side menus to show the current map.

So what do yah think?

1 comment:

  1. Looking at the map I realize the example I drew I not a legally possible map. The one of the rules when building the world is that...
    When placing a tile you must connect it to two other tiles (other than the first two tiles). This rule is in place so there are always two ways to get to any single hex. The Eldar command bastion out on it's own would have been an illegal placement, as would the tiles bordering space wolf "defense lines".

    ReplyDelete